Sleep for Anxiety
It’s day three in our top 10 ways to beat anxiety series and our third instalment is one that you all ought to love – sleep for anxiety!
Catching those zzzz’s is one of the most important things you can do, especially when it comes to ways to beat anxiety. How many times have you had a really poor nights sleep? How many times have you wound up feeling anxious the following day? HELLO! Yes! I have done it too! We all have! But sleep is super crucial to ensure that anxiety is kept in its box!
Research tells us that a lack of sleep can and will result in anxiety and can cause anxiety disorders! Those with insomnia are at a high risk of developing anxiety disorders, and that sleep disruption is present in most psychiatric disorders.
So what can you do to make sure you catch enough of those zzzz’s? Let’s explore some options…
- Something as simple as ensuring your pillows are soft,comfy and leave you excited about getting to sleep can work wonders!
- Lavender essential oil is a commonly used to help induce relaxation.
- Sleeping with the lights out (or with an eye mask if you don’t like the dark)
- Don’t use computers, tablets or phones for an hour before bed.
- Read a good book to help relax and tire your mind.
So there you have it. Day three of our ten day series! Always make sure that you get good and ample rest. It is vital to good mental health and preventing unnecessary anxiety.